The Golden Hub held their annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner on April 27. The theme that evening was Fiesta “Holy Guacamole our volunteers are Awesome-ole”. More than 130 people volunteer in some capacity at the center and give more than 10,000 hours of their time each year. Our top volunteers this year were Barry Trautman and Dick and Nancy Braunitzer We are so thankful for such a great group of people who give of their time and talents each day.
Volunteers are always needed and appreciated at the Golden Hub! Our greatest need is for Meals on Wheels drivers but we also can use volunteers in the following areas:
- Serve beverages at lunch (11:30 am- 12:30 pm)
- Tray Helpers at lunch, to serve those who are mobility impaired (noon- 12:30 pm)
- Activity instructors- If you have a special talent or skill, ex. lead a class in dance, exercise, crafts, games, etc. Contact Denise at the Hub 997-7131.
- Help out at special events, such as Birthday Bash, fundraising dinners and Thanksgiving Pot Luck dinner.
- Become a Golden Hub Board member.
Call us at 997-7131 to sign up or for more information.
How to Become a Meals-on-Wheels Volunteer Driver
The Golden Hub Meals on Wheels (MOW) program has expanded dramatically over the past few years, with a 33% increase in clients. We now serve over 100 meal recipients each weekday and routes have become longer. Drivers can be full time, part-time or substitute but all help is appreciated!
Most routes can be completed within a 2 hour period. Drivers are required to fulfill MOW driver training and must pass a background check. Client confidentiality is always respected.
Please consider becoming a MOW driver. Your help can make a big difference in a homebound seniors life as the MOW driver may be the only point of contact they have in a day. To volunteer, contact our MOW coordinator, Stephanie at (830) 997- 7131.